THE JULES HOROWITZ REACTOR (JHR)
Description of project
Context: The Jules Horowitz Research Reactor (JHR), currently under construction at the Cadarache atomic energy research centre (Bouches-du-Rhône, France) is a light water research reactor designed to irradiate experimental materials and fuels.
In the JHR reactor core building (“BUR”), the experimentation operations area (“CEDE”) is specially designed to support the ground borne parts of certain experimental devices. The aim of this project is the design of the electrical and automatic control equipment for the JHR experimental devices.
Services & Activities
- Detailed design of automatic control architecture and electrical architecture,
- Detailed design of cable routing sizing,
- Detailed design studies on electrical and DC requirements for each device,
- Implementation of DC architecture,
- Production of functional diagrams for automatic control and instrumentation,
- Production of single wire wiring diagrams,
- Production of the executive summary on wiring and power budget.
- Analysis of single wire wiring diagrams for ventilation and conditioning,
- Analysis of ventilation operating notes,
- Expert appraisal of ventilation calculation notes,
- Verification of compliance.